Saturday, April 5, 2008

Jungle (1969)

From Los Angeles/California, this group made a pretty good laid back Rock record at the end of the decade that was re-issued in the '90s (Eight Little Indians CD 3027 / 1998). The critics are divided in their opinion about the privately pressed album. They differ from "Lost gem" to "mostly loungy (in the wrong sense) psychrock/AOR with offkey vocals and unimpressive songwriting" to "A strange one that’s gotten more attention than it deserves, but if you don’t get your hopes up too high you might enjoy it". I like it and I think it's pretty adventurous although they lose the direction sometimes. You better make up your own mind.

LATEST UPDATE:
It turned out that Jungle was previously known as The Knight Riders from Belmont/California who had the track "I" on the San Francisco Roots compilation. Bass player Rodney Pearce and drummer Mike Lentos were replaced by John Dawson and Delbert Lang. They recorded their eponymous album at Allegro Sound Studios, New York City 1969.

Tracklist:
- House Of Rooms
- Somewhere Sweet Memories
- Gray Picnic
- Changes I'm Going Through
- Early Morning Rising
- Slave Ship

Personnel:
Jay Mierly (vcls)
James Ryan Clark (lead gtr)
Virgil "Butch" Daniels (gtr)
John Dawson
Delbert Lang


Band origin:
Belmont (California/US)

Discographie:
Albums:
1. Jungle (no label CO 3027) 1969

Get it here (Artwork included)

Listen to Gray Picnic

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Buffalo.
Like you I love this album.Very hard to find this cd with blue velvet cover.Another rarity of the label was the cd of Victoria with red velvet cover.Very nice you'll soon post electric lemonade vol 1;you'll certainly make a great pleasure to a lot of people.

Anonymous said...

Good morning.

this is one of the best pages in
the net. Hope you will continue
with this great taste!!!

Maestro said...

Hello,
Thanks for your nice blog.
I enjoy most of the albums shared in this blog.
;)

By the way,I have a request.
I have 2 tracks and I don't know who are the composers of these Themes.

I think they are composed by French or German musicians.

I want you to listen to them and tell me the name of the composers.

I hope you can help.

There are the tracks:
Track one:
http://www.zshare.net/download/7926707b316344/

Track Two:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/792623283d9e99/


Thank you so much.

Best Regards,
Zalman.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Thanks for your nice blog.
I have a request.
I need this album.

Harry Thumann - Andromeda
Year:1982

Infomation:
http://www.discogs.com/release/991486


Please upload it if you have access to this album.
Thanks in advance.
Francis.

Anonymous said...

Thankx for this ultra rare record.

Buffalo Billycan said...

@Zalman
I did listen to the tracks but I have no idea who it is.

@Francis
Sorry, I don't have this album.

Anonymous said...

Always good records in this blogs. Thankx.

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic record for me.
bye & thx a lot!!
pEIS

sirgilles said...

Very nice album and a lot of goodies you have here !
Many thanks and keep on working !

Stu Shea said...

Turns out they are from the northeast part of the United States, either Vermont or New Hampshire.