This Greenwood/Massachusetts band was best known for the classic garage-pop tune "I Wonder". A collection of their best tracks was released by BamCaruso (BamCaruso KIRI 067 / 1988) and contains some cool garage sounds as well as their later orchestrated pop songs "Greener Days", "Drifter's Sunrise" and "Just A Good Show".
- I Wonder
- You Better Run
- Spoonful Of Sugar
- Six Days In May
- My Baby Don't Care
- Never Go Right
- I Don't Want To See Her Again
- Somebody Please
- Drifter's Sunrise
- Try Too Hard
- Good Lovin'
- Crackin' Up
- Dance Last Night
- I Want Your Lovin'
- Greener Days
- Just A Good Show
Johnny Freeman (vcls, gtr) [AC]
Sid Herring (vcls, gtr) [ABC]
Vince Montgomery (bs) [ABC]
Don Wood (drms) [ABC]
Johnny Sanders (gtr) [B]
1. (B) Roadrunner (Liberty LRP - 3432) 1965
2. (B) Gants Galore (Liberty LRP - 3455) 1966
3. (B) Gants Again (Liberty LRP - 3473) 1966
1. Roadrunner/My Baby Don't Care (Statue 605) 1965
2. What's Happening/Careless Hands (Statue 608) 1965
3. Little Boy Sad/[You Can't Blow] Smoke Rings
(Liberty 55853) 1966
4. Crackin' Up/Dr. Feelgood (Liberty 55884) 1966
5. I Want Your Lovin'/Spoonful Of Sugar
(Liberty 55903) 1966
6. Greener Days/I Wonder (Liberty 55940) 1967
7. Drifters Sunrise/Just A Good Show (Liberty 55965) 1967
8. Another Chance/Ain't Too Proud To Beg
(Statue 7006) 1969
[1. also released on TOP 5002 + Liberty 55829]
[2. B-Side by The Niteliters]
[8. as Sid Herring & The Gants]
Get it here (Artwork included / vinyl rip)
Listen to Try Too Hard
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
THANKS SO MUCH for another masterpiece and Xtra-ThanX for including the artwork!!! That's how it HAS TO BE! And that's faintlyblowing.blogspot quality standard! Keep on rockin'!
Thankyou, The Gants, with The Remains, my favourite 60s garage groups.
I particularly like their version of "I want your loving," sung with mock-British accents. The UK's Sons of Fred recorded this song too although they didn't use any accents (unless they were doing an American accent and I can't hear it!).
Amazing 60s group.
Thank you very much!
Post a Comment