If I would make a list of my favourite garage band you would find the Electras in the top ten. They were produced by Warren Kendrick (also the producer of the well-known Litter) who wrote nearly all the songs for them. Every of the eight tracks of this Minneapolis/Minnesota band you find on the a-side of this record (Get Hip Archive Series GHAS-5066 / 1993) are first grade (ok, maybe except the useless instrumental "Pregnant Pig"). It is said, that THEY were the first who recorded "Action Woman". Their version is earthier and a bit faster than The Litter's. They never had the chance to make an album and I believe if they had the possibility it would be the best garage LP ever. On the b-side you find The Scotsmen and The Victors which were pre-Litter bands and also produced by Warren Kendrick.
1. Electras - Dirty Old Man
2. Electras - (Just A Little) Soul-Searchin'
3. Electras - This Week's Children
4. Electras - Action Woman
5. Electras - I'm Not Talkin'
6. Electras - Pregnant Pig
7. Electras - 'Bout My Love
8. Electras - Won't Take No For An Answer
9. Scotsmen - Beer Bust Blues
10. Scotsmen - Scotch Mist
11. Victors - Midnight Hour
12. Victors - I Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore
13. Victors - One More Time
14. Victors - Mister You're A Better Man Than I
15. Victors - Little Girl
Personnel [THE ELECTRAS]:
Bill Bulinski (gtr) [AB]
Earl Bulinski (gtr) [ABC]
Gary Omerza (keyb'ds) [ABC]
Jerry Fink (drms) [ABC]
Tim Elving (vcls) [BC]
Harvey Korkki (gtr) [C]
1. Memories Of You/'Bout My Love (Scotty 6510/1) 1965
2. (Just A Little) Soul Searchin'/This Weeks Children
(Scotty 6607/6613) 1965
3. Dirty Ol' Man/Courage To Cry (Scotty 6619/6621) 1966
4. 'Bout My Love/Memories... (Can Make You Happy)
(Scotty 11A/12B) 1966
5. Dirty Ol' Man/You Love (Scotty 6620/1) 1966
6. Dirty Ol' Man/This Week's Children (Date 2-1550) 1966
7. Action Woman/Pregnant Pig (Scotty 6720) 1967
8. I'm Not Talkin'/Pregnant Pig (Scotty 6720) 1967
[5. B-Side as Twas Brillig / 6. as Twas Brillig]
Personnel [THE SCOTSMEN]:
Pete Lokken (vcls)
Dan Dailey (gtr)
Warren Kendrick (gtr)
Jim Kane (bs)
Terry Knutson (keyb'ds)
Gary Leach (drms)
1. Beer Bust Blues/Scotchmist (Scotty 1803) 1965
Personnel [THE VICTORS]:
Jim Crill (gtr, lead vcls) [A]
Ran Dailey (gtr, lead vcls) [ABC]
Jim Kane (bs, lead vcls) [ABC]
Terry Knutson (keyb'ds, lead vcls) [ABC]
Gary Leach (drms) [ABC]
Pete Lokken (lead vcls) [B]
Warren Kendrick (lead gtr, vcls) [B]
Denny Waite (lead vcls) [C]
1. Victorious (Arf! Arf! AA-099) 2006 [rec. 1964-66]
Get it here (Artwork included / vinyl rip)
Listen to Soul Searchin'
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
This is a legendary & essential Lp.
thanks a lot !!!
Very great garage compilation album.Great titles,great guitars all to make a good album.
sounds like a winner!!! THANKS.
Another gem from the incredible mid 60's! Thanks
MAN...REALLY GREAT ALBUM... YEAH GREAT BAND ... ONE OF MY FAVOURITES TOO ... BUT I DONT KNOW IF ILL PUT`EM IN "MY" TOP 10 ...
REALLY GREAT.. NICE WORK
AND : THANKS !
hi friend, very great post. One request, you have this comp:va - Psychedelic Trip Through Bulgaria, i search in of long long time.
Thanx for reply.
Sorry caveman, I even haven't heard about this compilation (but it would also interest me for sure).
Electras are garage monsters. Thanks.
Great versions of garage classics!
Post a Comment