Haven't heard this collection of Larry's Rebels since 20 years. But once somebody requested it I gave it another try. I knew that this album was pretty good but I forgot HOW good it was. They were from Auckland/New Zealand and released a bunch of 45's plus two albums. Raven collects their best work on one record (Raven Records RVLP-14 / 1983) entitled "Feelin' Good" with a bonus single. If you hear this LP you will agree that this was one of New Zealand's finest psych/pop/freak beat bands. Their covers of Small Faces/Who/Creation songs are first grade and their own songs hold the standard. Recommended.
- I Feel Good
- What'cha Gonna Do About It?
- I'll Make You Happy
- It's Not True
- Flying Scotsman
- Shakin' Up Some Soul
- Inside Looking Out
- This Empty Place
- Dream Time
- Coloured Flowers
- Everybody's Girl
- Painter Man (Vers. #2)
- Let's Think Of Something
- Do What You Gotta Do
- Passing You By
- Party Time With Larry's Rebels (bonus single)
- Let's Swing The Jingle For Coca-Cola (bonus single)
Larry Morris (vcls) [AB]
Terry Rouse (gtr) [A]
Viv McCarthy (bs) [ABC]
Nooky Stott (drms) [ABC]
John Williams (gtr) [ABC]
Mal Lgan (keyb'ds) [BC]
Glyn Mason (vcls) [C]
Christchurch → Auckland (New Zealand)
1. (A) A Study In Black (Impact IMPS 104) 1967
2. (C) Madrigal (Impact IMPS 107) 1969
[2. as The Rebels]
1. Don't It Make You Feel Good?/'Dr. No' Theme
(Kingsway XS 101) 1964
2. Leave Me Be/Till I Met You (Stebbing Demo) 1965
3. Mad At Me (Zodiac Demo) 1965
4. This Empty Place/So Much In Love With You
(Philips PF 338073) 1965
5. Long Ago, Far Away/Could This Be Love
(Philips PF 338076) 1965
6. My Prayer/What Am I To Do? (Impact IR 1004) 1966
7. It's Not True/Since I Don't Have You
(Impact IR 1010) 1966
8. I Feel Good/What'cha Gonna Do About It
(Impact IR 1015) 1966
9. Painter Man/You're On My Mind (Impact IR 1018) 1967
10. Let's Think Of Something/Storming Winds
(Impact IR 1022) 1967
11. Dream Time/I'll Make You Happy (Impact IR 1030) 1967
12. Fantasy/Coloured Flowers (Impact IR 1033) 1968
13. Everybody's Girl/Halloween (Impact IR 1935) 1968
14. Do What You Gotta Do/Looking For A Way
(Impact IR 1039) 1968
15. Party Time/Swing The Jingle For Coca Cola
(Impact IR 1040) 1968
16. Mo'reen/By The Time (Impact IR 1041) 1969
17. My Son John/Passing You By (Impact IR 1043) 1969
18. Can You Make It On Your Own/I Can See The World
(Impact IR 1051) 1969
[17. + 18. as The Rebels]
1. (A) Larry's Rebels (Impact IEP 101) 1967
2. (A) Larry's Rebels Sing Christmas Songs
(Impact IEP 102) 1967
Get it here (Artwork included / vinyl rip)
Listen to Coloured Flowers
Monday, January 14, 2008
Larry's Rebels - Feelin' Good (1965-69)
Posted by Buffalo Billycan at 11:59 PM
Labels: 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, Beat, Larry's Rebels, New Zealand, Pop, Psychedelic
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Very nice pop album.I just found your site and see great albums (Mandrake Memorial,Faine Jade,Tales of Justice,the Electric Lemonade comp).About Tenth Planet I'm searching since a long time The END album "in the beginning".Please have you this album.
Sorry Jean Bernard, I only have the "Introspection" and the "Retrospection" albums.
Thank you for all albums. This blog are superb.
Thank you, Thank you so much !
You did as you promised, and I'll take that as a (late or early) gift from Father Christmas.
And it's really as good as I thought it would be.
PS: The End Album is available at ChrisGoesRocks...
Thanks for the 2 answers on the END.The group recorded one official album"introspection"(decca).Tenth Planet issued 3 LPs of demos & outtakes"in the beginning""retrospection"&"the last world.Never found "in the beginning"nowhere.I hope one day Castle will make a good 2cd with all the material.This label issued MOON'S TRAIN(pre The END) also issued on Tenth Planet(LP). So hope 1 day Mr WELLS(the man who worked on the LPs issues) will do a great thing on cd.
congratulations Buffalo Billycan
for this incredible blog, thanks for alL the great bandS that you are discovered us .
Is there any chance to get here MOON'S TRAIN? Best.
Post a Comment